Thursday, October 15, 2009

Coupon Tip

Coupons are great, as long as they don't stick to each other, or get lost, or you forget you have them, or...well you get the idea.  While I don't profess to be an expert, I do have a tip to share with you.  Instead of keeping your coupons in one of those little coupon caddies or an envelope, use a three-ring binder.  I use baseball card sleeves but you can use any plastic sheet protector, it just depends on what size works best for you.  I separate food coupons from non-food coupons putting duplicates together. I use the pocket on the back cover for full page coupons and restaurant coupons.  The front pocket is great for holding your shopping list and the coupons you are using for the items in your cart.  You can see your coupons at a glance, none get stuck together, and they stay neat and organized.  Now, on your way out the door, just grab your coupon book and you are all set.  Since I started using this method, I routinely save $30 to $50 when I shop.  While I am proud of being able to save that kind of money, I still have a lot to learn.  For tips on how to get the most out of your now organized coupons, visit either FrugalSuz or SwagGrabber.

No comments:

Post a Comment