Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Household Helper Tip #1

Having 4 kids means having a ton of laundry every week.  I easily do 20 loads in a normal week.  I am always on the look out for easy, effective, and inexpensive ways to remove a variety of stains.  My latest find works better than anything I have ever tried for the removal of blood stains, common household peroxide.  So far it has removed set in blood on clothing that was washed and dried and on a fresh stain that was caught right away.  Simply pour a small amount over the blood spot and watch the peroxide bubble away the stain.  I have used peroxide on denim, whites, cotton, and colors and have not had any bleaching effect or other damage done to the material.  Even though I have not experienced any damage, I still recommend testing your article of clothing before pouring the peroxide over the stain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment